Introduction to Self-Compassion Workshop
October 27 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Learn how to Cultivate the Skills of Self-Compassion and Kindness
with Linda Thomas
How do you typically react to difficulties in life?
Do you instinctively fight uncomfortable experiences or find fault in yourself when things go wrong?
What if, instead, you took a moment to comfort yourself when you felt bad—as you would do for others?
Self-compassion is a skill that can be learned by anyone. There is a growing body of research, mainly by Dr. Kristin Neff, suggesting that self-compassion:-
• Boost happiness
• Reduces anxiety and depression
• Helps us handle difficult emotions with greater ease
• Enables us to develop healthy habits such as diet and exercise, and more satisfying personal relationships
• Makes us more resilient in the face of challenges
• Improves overall well-being
This workshop will help you gain essential tools for living wholeheartedly, learning how to respond to yourself in a kind, compassionate way whenever you are going through difficult times. Through discussion, meditation, and experiential exercises, you will learn how to:-
• Identify the three key components of self-compassion
• Practical mindfulness and self-compassion in daily life
• How to stop being so hard on yourself
• Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
• Support yourself during those times when you suffer, fail, or feel inadequate.
• Appreciate yourself
‘Linda quickly created a wonderful rapport with the group, making a safe environment for everyone to be able to share difficult thoughts, or not to share if they preferred.’
‘In practical terms the day has increased my confidence and self-reliance, but also accepting that it is ok to be who I am and where I am on my journey, and that pain and weakness are a natural part of that.’
For more testimonials visit: www.mindfulminds.co.uk/self-compassion-workshop-testimonials
*Refreshments and Course material will be provided*
*Please bring your own lunch*
(Deposit of £25.00 required at the time of booking) Balance of £50.00 payable by 12th October 2018
For enquiries and to book your place please email or call Linda
email: email@example.com Tel: 07765 680618